Dental Exams & Cleaning in Nepean
A comprehensive dental exam is integral to your oral health. As with most medical topics, early detection of a potential problem will help to minimize the trouble as well as the cost. We provide a thorough dental exam performed by your dentist during your initial dental visit to determine your condition and help ensure you stay on a path of good oral health.
Each check-up exams will include:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs) if necessary
- Oral cancer screening: Check of the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with specialized dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.